Monday, September 8, 2008

Gotta love the teacher....

Jadon's first grade teacher sent home a letter that covered many things about how she runs the classroom, what they are learning, her expectations, etc....So, I'm reading it and decided I love this woman. This is what she included at the end of her letter:

"A note of advice--please keep in mind that your child is 4, 5, 6 or 7 years old, and that everything that they come home and tell you about school or Mrs. B may not be totally true. And I promise to do the same for you, because I do hear some pretty tremendous stories. If, at any time, yo would like to talk about these stories, please call me and I will be happy to discuss the story with you. Many problems can arise from miscommunication."
Thank goodness! Now if Jadon tells Mrs. B. that Mom hit him in the head with a wooden spoon last night I will be able to tell her the whole story: I grabbed a wooden spoon from the drawer to mix brownie batter, but on the way to the counter I slipped on a puddle of water that was left there after Jadon dropped his bowl of icky paintbrush water. While falling, Jadon had come running into the room and I clunk him on the head with the wooden spoon as I'm swinging my arm trying to keep balance, but still end up falling on my butt. So, yes, Mrs. B., I DID hit him with a wooden spoon, but it certainly wasn't on purpose! **
If she wouldn't have put in that little paragraph I would forever be worried that my children would make it sound like I ruthlessly abuse them.
**Just for clarification, I never hit Jadon on the head with a wooden spoon, by accident or on purpose. The story related above is purely fictional.

1 comment:

  1. Too funny! I am always afraid of the stories that come out of DS8's mouth at school!

    ReplyDelete