Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Decluttering success





I am pleased with how much I've passed on to the rummage sale so far. It was so easy to just get rid of stuff. I think since I've already lost a most treasured possession all the earthly material stuff fades in comparison.

Some of the items which are no longer in my house are a futon mattress, waffle cushion, a dresser mirror, along with a few larger baby items.

I also got rid of some books and clothes, but not as much as I'd like. In time I'll get to all of them.
I don't know how much I'll get to pack up tomorrow since I have appts. It's all good---there is a visual difference in my storage area. I was able to compact what I saved into a smaller area, so that helps make me feel like I accomplished something

A nomadic lifestyle is very attractive to me right now. When I look around the house there is nothing that I can see that holds my heart----the only things that matter are my children, my husband, and my memories of Dekar.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the decluttering success! I have got the garage almost acceptable... on to the basement...

    ReplyDelete