Thursday, September 11, 2008

50 Random Things About Me

So I read my friend's post: Life in the Turner Household: 50 Random Things About Me and thought I should give this a try.


But fifty things? Not sure I'll make it that far....

  1. I hate the color peach.
  2. I used to play the flute. (Still can play it, but not well.)
  3. Tomato and cheese is my favorite sandwich--one bread buttered, and the other with mayo.
  4. I once had a pickle from a hamburger come out of my nose because I was laughing so hard.
  5. I have always wanted to be a photographer.
  6. I am the youngest of 8 kids.
  7. I met dh on a blind date and told my friend that I would do it just to shut her up, but I wouldn't like him!
  8. I have been married to dh for almost 19 years. :)
  9. I know how to say "underwear" in Polish.
  10. I love canning.
  11. Washing dishes is my least favorite chore.
  12. I have a lot of freckles.
  13. I believe I am claustrophobic.
  14. I like pork and beans covered with cottage cheese and onions. (Try it sometime.)
  15. I would like to jump out of an airplane--with a parachute, of course.
  16. I have a 15 yo son who survived cancer.
  17. I have never doubted the existence of God.
  18. I have never believed in Santa Clause.
  19. My favorite movie is "A Christmas Carol"
  20. I love the old Twilight Zones.
  21. I am lousy with history.
  22. I used to swear like a drunken sailor.
  23. I quit smoking, but I really LIKE smoking.
  24. I am a night owl, but forced to live in an early bird world.
  25. Chicken, corn, and mashed potatoes is my favorite meal.
  26. If I was stranded on a desert island and had to pick one cereal, it would be Cheerios.
  27. Lemon Fanta, which I drank in Germany, has been the best soda I have ever tasted.
  28. I drink coffee with either cream and sugar or a flavored creamer.
  29. I like Cheetos--puffed or crunchy
  30. Valerian makes me fart. (I just had to add that one for Carrie.)
  31. I swam naked with my husband at a nudist beach on our honeymoon.
  32. I don't like cologne on men..
  33. I like playing Scrabble.
  34. Spaghetti is my least favorite meal
  35. I plan on making a quilt for every one of my children and I'm only on #3. :(
  36. I don't understand women who are chocolate freaks.
  37. I don't say "pop", I say "soda".
  38. Scratching nails on a chalkboard does not bother me.
  39. I prefer sour over sweet.
  40. I enjoy balancing our checkbook.
  41. I think the smell of a newborn baby is how the beginning of creation must have smelled.
  42. I don't have a book problem, I have a shelf problem. (Those who like books understand that one!)
  43. I used to be hooked on the soap opera "Guiding Light"
  44. I broke my arm in fourth grade.
  45. Blue Moon is my favorite ice cream.
  46. My favorite book is The Bible.
  47. I sell Usborne Books.
  48. I'm a pretty decent in the English area.
  49. I'm not so decent in the math area.
  50. I like James Taylor music.

2 comments:

  1. Its great - I love it! The pickle out of the nose was hilarious, and tomato and cheese sandwiches are a favorite in our house too. And to answer your ? I don't drink after people, like if I am drinking a soda and my brother comes and takes a swig - I'm done with it. It is contaminated to me, haha. I can't get over another person's mouth on my drink, though I'm trying very hard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE to play Scrabble...I am a self proclaimed Scrabble-holic! See my shop: http://www.cafepress.com/TheSimpleLife/3648500

    ReplyDelete