Saturday, October 18, 2008

Nuts About Cherries Chicken Salad

I'm so proud of myself---I made up a recipe by combining a few of my favorites and I think it's perdy dern good. I was going to take a picture, but it got all eaten up right away!

Nuts About Cherries Chicken Salad

4 cooked, boneless chicken breast halves, diced
1 C. Nuts About Cherries, coarsely chopped
1/3 c. diced celery
1/3 C. diced apples (Mitsu or Granny Smith)
1/3 C. plain low-fat yogurt
1/3 C. low-fat mayonnaise
1 T. buttermilk
salt and pepper, optional


In large bowl, combine chicken, Nuts About Cherries, celery and apple. After well combined, add the yogurt, mayo and buttermilk. Salt and/or pepper, if desired.
Toss together well and refrigerate until chilled.
Serve by itself, on wheat bread, croissant, or pita.

For an added twist, add the zest of an orange or two.

Nuts About Cherries is a mix of dried cranberries, blueberries, tart cherries, almonds, and pecans. I picked it up locally at Kings Orchard, and you can order it online also.
Or you may substitute with a mix of any nuts or dried fruit of your choice. (Dried currants are very good.)

No comments:

Post a Comment